E: Email Us
P: +31 36 5462 800
E: Email Us
Sales and Market Development
Kraton™ polymers can be formulated for manufacturing a wide range of hot melt and solvent-based adhesive tapes. Appropriate tape backing substrates include polyolefin-based (BOPP), paper, cloth and aluminum.
For hot melt tapes, styrene-isoprene-styrene (SIS) polymers offer excellent PSA properties and work well in high-speed extrusion coating lines. Styrene-butadiene-styrene (SBS) polymers offer high cohesive strength, lower cost and are ideally suited for solvent coating operations. Kraton also produces SBS grades that are designed for radiation curing.
Styrene-ethylene/butylene-styrene (SEBS) and styrene-ethylene/propylene-styrene (SEPS) block copolymers have outstanding thermal, ozone and UV stability. These fully saturated block copolymers can be formulated as hot melts or with solvent.
Features and Benefits
Kraton polymers can be formulated to produce a wide range of hot melt and solvent-based adhesives suitable for the manufacture of tapes. Key benefits include:
- Largest available grade line of styrenic block copolymers in the industry
- Good compatibility with a range of resins and plasticizers
- Low temperature flexibility combined with good heat resistance
- Low melt viscosity and application temperature
- Superior adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Good balance of tack, peel and shear
- FDA coverage
- Color stability
- Superior UV and heat stability with Kraton G polymers
- Radiation-curable Kraton offers new opportunities for producers of hot-melt tape to create specialty tapes with high temperature resistance and good adhesion
BOPP coated box sealing tape can be made from SIS, SIS/SBS blends or with Kraton G polymers.
Specialty tapes include broad applications and product performance requirements. Kraton offers a wide range of polymers that can be used to tailor adhesive properties. For example, properties can range from aggressive peel to low peel for removable adhesives. In addition, Kraton offers special grades of polymers designed for radiation curing (UV or EB).