Kraton polymers are widely used to formulate thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) compounds in a variety of applications ranging from industrial to consumer care. These high-performance polymers are engineered to enhance the capabilities of a broad range of end products and applications. These benefits are derived from the precise control of molecular structure and the formulation expertise of our R&D team. Polymers that can be formulated include:
- Kraton™ G polymers are ideal for applications that require high strength, UV resistance, chemical inertia and heat stability.
- Kraton™ FG polymers are functionalized Kraton G polymers that provide compatibility among different ingredients and promote adhesion to polar polymers and substrates.
- Kraton™ D polymers are cost-effective solutions for footwear and various soft touch applications.
- Cariflex™ IR polymers are synthetic polyisoprene rubbers and can be formulated to replace many natural rubber uses in medical and consumer applications.
The unique structure of our block copolymers allows compounders to improve existing products and develop unconventional applications.
Features and Benefits
- High strength and elasticity
- Transparency and colorability
- Soft touch, excellent wet and dry grip
- Wide service temperature range
- Resistance to oxygen, ozone and UV degradation (Kraton G polymers)
- Many products meet FDA and EU food contact requirements
- Easy to compound with no crosslinking reaction
- Overmolding onto a variety of substrates