Clear and colored rubber-like, peelable coatings formulated with Kraton™ G SEBS polymer adhere to painted metal or plastic surfaces, adding reliable protection against chipping, scratching, water spots and corrosion. When the protective or decorative coating is no longer required, or a new decorative appearance is desired, the material easily peels off and leaves no residue.
These temporary coatings are popular among consumers wanting to resurface metal fixtures, change furniture color or protect it from scratching, and give a new look to worn garden furniture and hand tools. The solvent-based, road-damage resistant coatings can be used to customize or change the appearance of vehicles.
Removable, protective and decorative solvent-based coatings with our polymers can be applied via spray, brush and dipped. This makes the products faster and easier to handle than PVC or polyurethane films. In service, the coatings produce and retain a high-quality surface finish with the elongation and elasticity to remain flexible over time. The coatings resist cracking even at temperatures below freezing and exhibit excellent moisture resistance.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High strength and impervious to moisture
- Resistance to chipping and scratching
- No residue when peeled or removed
- Easier to apply than conventional films
- Coatings can be made in clear and tinted formulas
- Furniture scratch and water protection
- Appliance and household decoration and surface protection
- Automotive aftermarket decoration and scratch protection
STARTING FORMULATION – 470 G/L VOC AT 26% SOLIDS
|Viscosity @ 25°C, cps||
|*Kraton is a registered trademark of Kraton Corporation
Irganox is a registered trademark of BASF.