WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT COVER?
This privacy statement applies to residents of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway who apply to work for, or who attend a recruitment event with a company or companies within the Kraton group of companies (“Kraton”). This includes prospective employees and interns.
This privacy statement explains what personal data is processed, for which purposes, how long we hold the personal data for, how to access and update your personal data and where to go for further information.
For individuals who are successful in their application for employment or internship, the local Employee Data Privacy Notice will apply. This information will be provided by Kraton as part of the on-boarding process.
If local laws and regulations deviate from this privacy statement, then these local laws and regulations will prevail.
WHAT IS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
We collect and use:
- information that you submit to us such as: name, (e-mail) address, telephone and mobile number, date and place of birth, salary indication, and all other information you may include in a resume and/or copies of certificates, educational and professional background and recommendations. We may process limited sensitive personal information via a submitted photograph or other details revealed in a resume. In some instances, we may also receive information relating to you from references you have submitted.
- If you visit our offices and facilities, we may collect and use personal information stored in security badges and recorded by cameras on our premises. We do this for safety and security reasons. This footage may include sensitive personal information such as your race, ethnic origin or health.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We use this personal information for responding to your enquiries and deciding on your application (via e-mail, phone or on paper). Access to your personal information is limited to HR employees, managers and members of the hiring committee.
- The legal basis for processing your personal information is the entering into of an agreement or the preparation thereto. We will request your consent only if legally required. In those cases where processing is based on consent, and subject to applicable local law which provides otherwise, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent.
- For legal proceedings and compliance with law and/or with company policies and procedures. We may also disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, governmental and supervisory authorities. This personal information may be used for preventing, preparing for or engaging in dispute resolution, legal proceedings and to protect us, our employees and the public against injury, liability, fraud, bribery or abuse. We may use this personal information also for complying with legal obligations.
- Also, Kraton may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of our business. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use any personal information provided through the website in a manner that is consistent with this privacy statement. The legal basis for processing this data is the necessity to comply with a legal obligation or our legitimate interest.
- We do not profile nor do we make use of any big data application.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- We use “cookie” technology on this website. A cookie contains information that is sent by a website and stored in your hard drive and temporary memory. You may change your cookie settings on your internet browser and/or our website or delete our cookies at any time. We use functional cookies to improve the content, functionality, performance and usability of our website. By using Sajari website search services, we use analytical cookies to monitor the aggregate usage by website visitors, the types of browsers used and the web traffic routing of our website visitors.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We disclose personal information to certain third party service providers only if such disclosure is necessary for the purposes we describe in this privacy statement and then only if we are satisfied that it is legally permissible or required to provide the personal information. The third party service providers include, e.g., recruitment agencies, IT systems providers, compliance program administrators, distributors, marketing representatives, transport companies, insurance companies, financial consultants, professional advisers and law firms.
We may give access to personal information to certain designated colleagues working for affiliated companies of Kraton. We only do so for the purposes listed above. The data protection laws in the US and other countries might not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws of the member states of the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Limited transfers of personal information to these companies are secured under a data transfer agreement based on the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, which is intended to ensure an adequate level of protection for the data kept at these entities.
We may also store personal information in the cloud. This means that on our behalf, cloud service providers store your personal information across various locations worldwide. We require our cloud service providers to take adequate organisational and technical measures to protect your personal information.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We intend to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date. We also retain personal information no longer than is necessary to serve the purposes described in this privacy statement and taking into account specific legal requirements.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may at any time request to be informed of personal information that we process or have access to. If the personal information that we process contains inaccuracies or is incomplete, you may ask us to correct these inaccuracies or complement the personal information. These requests will be answered in a timely manner in accordance with applicable law. We will contact you and may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will update the information as requested. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if permitted or required by law or if we are unable to verify your identity. If you are not satisfied with the way we have responded to your request or if you do not agree with the processing of your personal information, you may file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
You also have additional rights (subject to restrictions and exceptions):
- The right to be forgotten. If such a request is granted, we will delete your data from our systems. We will inform third parties that process your data to do the same.
- The right to restrict (also temporarily) the continued processing of personal information.
- The right to have certain personal information transferred in a machine readable format.
- You can also object to the processing of personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- In so far the processing of your data is based on your consent, to withdraw your consent.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Please be aware that this website contains links to other websites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those sites linked to this website is not covered by this privacy statement, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties operating those websites. If you provide any information to third parties operating sites to which this website links, the rules (if any) of the linked website regarding the collection and use of your personal information will apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them. These other websites may send their own cookies, collect data or solicit personal information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these companies directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
If you have a question or comment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: Kraton Polymers Nederland B.V., attn: Global Privacy Officer, Transistorstraat 16, 1322 CE Almere, The Netherlands.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement and any related business practices by posting the updated text and the updated effective date on this website.
This privacy statement was last updated on July 11, 2018.