Kraton polymers are widely used to formulate thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) compounds in a variety of applications ranging from industrial to consumer care. These high-performance polymers are engineered to enhance the capabilities of a broad range of end products and applications. These benefits are derived from the precise control of molecular structure and the formulation expertise of our R&D team. Polymers that can be formulated include:
- Kraton™ G polymers are ideal for applications that require high strength, UV resistance, chemical inertia and heat stability.
- Kraton™ FG polymers are functionalized Kraton G polymers that provide compatibility among different ingredients and promote adhesion to polar polymers and substrates.
- Kraton™ D polymers are cost-effective solutions for footwear and various soft touch applications.
The unique structure of our block copolymers allows compounders to improve existing products and develop unconventional applications.
Features and Benefits
- High strength and elasticity
- Transparency and colorability
- Soft touch, excellent wet and dry grip
- Wide service temperature range
- Resistance to oxygen, ozone and UV degradation (Kraton G polymers)
- Many products meet FDA and EU food contact requirements
- Easy to compound with no crosslinking reaction
- Overmolding onto a variety of substrates